TASK > How can I assign tasks using Zapier or Microsoft Power Automate?
First see How can I connect Tallyfy to Zapier?
When you trigger a one-off task or start a process using Zapier, this is what is possible at present. This article focuses on Zapier, but similar principles can apply to Power Automate.
One off tasks
- When Zapier creates a one-off task, it can be assigned to a specific member.
- When Zapier creates a one-off task, it cannot be assigned to a guest email. The task needs to be manually reassigned to a guest email in Tallyfy - after the task has been created.
- When Zapier launches a process, if a step has the process starter assigned, the email associated with the zap will be assigned.
- When Zapier launches a process, if a step has a specific member assigned, the specific coworker will be assigned.
- When Zapier launches a process, if a step has a guest assigned, the guest email cannot be assigned automatically. The task needs to be manually reassigned to a guest email in the app, after the process has started. See more below.
Worked example - Assign a task to a guest using Zapier
In the video below - we demonstrate the following:
- There's a blueprint with a text box in a kick-off field that collects the email address of a client.
- There's a step in that blueprint which shoots out a webhook to Zapier when that step is completed.
- Zapier "catches" or receives that webhook.
- Zapier takes the action of automatically assigning whatever email was in (1) to a specific task, automatically.