How to mark process task complete using Zapier?
If you have a Task in a Process that you wish to be automatically completed when some event occurs, you can create a Zap for it.
Choosing a Trigger
You will first need to set up a trigger that allows for custom data to be sent, such as a process name.
Finding a Process
- Create an action step, choose Tallyfy, and select "Find Process Task"
- Enter the Blueprint you wish to find Process' for. Alternatively, you can have the Blueprint be decided by your trigger by sending the Blueprint ID
- Use the "Search By" field to select whether to search for a Process by name or by Kick Off field
- Use the "Search Value" field to set what Process name to search for (must be whole Process name) and the "Filter Value" field to search by Kick Off field.
- Use the "Selected Step" field to set which Task to complete. This value can come from your trigger using the custom value option, but you must send a task alias
Completing the Task
- Create a new Tallyfy action step, and this time select Mark Process Task Complete"
- You will need the Process ID and Task ID for the Process Task you wish to compete. These should be obtained by selecting "Use a Custom Value", the choosing the "Find Process Task" action, and then selecting either Process ID or Task ID
Below is a video guide for setting up a zap that can mark a Process Task complete:
For help connecting your Tallyfy account to Zapier, please see: How do I connect my Tallyfy account to Zapier?
Note: If you test a Zap that completes a Task, then you will have to manually re-open the Task in Tallyfy.
Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns, and we will be happy to help.