How does a 'form field response' rule work?
Tallyfy offers 2 types of rules.
1. Task completion rules
2. Form field response rules
This video walks you through an example of using a form field response rule.
This article walks you through an example of using a form field response rule.
When you onboard a new employee, you want to ensure that they receive a the right orientation based on whether they are a 'field' worker or a 'office' worker.
'Step 1: Share details about employee' (Required radio button: Will they be a field or office worker?'
'Step 2: Schedule field training'
'Step 2: Schedule office orientation'
1. First, create your steps in the template and then create the rules so that step 2 and 3 only show based on what was selected in step 1:
Step 1 has a form field where users needs to pick 'Office' or 'Field':
Create a Rule in step 2 so that it only shows the step if the form field option chosen is 'Field':
Create a Rule in step 3 so that it only shows the step if the form field option chosen is 'Office':
2. Launch a process:
3. Initially, only step 1 will be assigned and show:
4. Once the required form filed is selected and step 1 is completed, it shows steps 2 or 3 based on the selection made. It also sends an email to the person assign to step 2 or 3:
5. The assignee can click on the link in the email the receive to complete the shown task:Not seeing what you are looking for?