How does a 'task completion' rule work?
Tallyfy offers 2 types of rules in a blueprint.
1. Task completion rules
2. Form field response rules
This article walks you through how to use the task completion rules:
This article walks you through an example of using a task completion rule.
When you onboard a new client, you want to ensure that step 1 is done before step 2 can be done.
'Step 1: Define client project.'
'Step 2: Assign client project' (Must only show after step 1 is completed)
1. First, create your steps in the blueprint:
2. Then create the rule in step 2, so that step 2 only shows when step 1 is completed:
2. Launch a process:
3. You will see that only step 1 will show and be assigned at first. Step 2 only shows after step 1 is completed:
4. Once step 1 is completed, it also alerts a member or guest email already assigned to step 2. They are sent an email/see an in app notification and see tasks in the task list:
Clicking on the link in the email will open the task and the assignee can then complete it.