PROCESS > How can I add tasks to an active process?
Did you start a process and realize you're missing a step? Or that this specific iteration requires an additional task? Don't worry, you can now add new steps to your Active Processes. Real-time additions make your business process management the easiest it has ever been.
Here's what you can add in your new task:
- Task Assignees
- Task Deadline
- Position of the newly-added task
Some Advanced Options:
- All assignees must complete the task
- Link task to process
How to Add a Task in an Active Process
There are two ways you can do this.
- Create a one-off task and then link it to the active process.
- Open your active process and +Add Task.
- Add the task details.
- If you followed Method 1 and created a One-Off Task, you have to identify its destination. Scroll down to Advanced settings. See Link to Process and select the active process. Sequentially, under Position, select which step the task should precede or follow.
- Click Create Task
The task will appear at the specified position:
And there it is!
- Edit this task by clicking ⋮ , just like any other task in the process.
- To remove the new task, click ⋮ and Unlink from Process:
Adding Multiple tasks
You can add as many steps as you would like! Just follow the instructions above.
Add-on tasks show up with dotted borders. It helps you identify the new tasks, and also signifies that these tasks are only in the process. They will not be added to the blueprint unless you do so.