How do I use blueprint and step level webhooks?
A blueprint webhook or step webhook emits information from Tallyfy (with data) to just about any URL on the public web.
In general, a webhook is like throwing a "ball" to a specific link on the web. As soon as an action happens, we throw a "ball" (a package of data and what happened - directly to your link). This enables you to kick off other actions as a result of that event.
You can emit step or blueprint-level webhooks.
These fire when any task is completed in the process and they send over the entire process (all the data) as it stands. It can be a bit noisy, but if that's what you want - that's what we offer! It's equivalent to the loudspeaker at a train station announcing each and every train coming and going.
Blueprint webhook settings are found in the
These fire when that specific task is completed. This is useful for handling via an app like Zapier, which lets you "catch" the webhook and do other actions as a result of it in 1000+ other cloud apps. Webhooks push information out of Tallyfy.
Step webhook settings are found in the
Let's look at setting up an integration between Tallyfy and Slack.
Usecase: When employee completes onboarding process in Tallyfy, send a message to the #general channel in Slack informing about the new team member's joining.
Before we set this zap, you would need:
- A Tallyfy account
- A Zapier account
- A Slack account
What you need to set up in Zapier:
1. Create a new zap and choose 'Webhooks by Zapier' as the App in Step 1
2. Choose 'Catch Hook' to be the Trigger Event
3. Zapier will produce a custom Webhook URL. Copy this URL - this is to be inserted in the Tallyfy blueprint
4. Next, we will need to Choose an App for the triggered webhook. Select Slack from the options available
5. Select 'Send Channel Message' as the action event
6. Choose and connect your Slack account
7. Select channel name to which you wish to post a message
8. Customize your channel message by picking data available from the webhook
What you need to set up in your Tallyfy Blueprint:
1. Select the 'Edit' mode of your blueprint. Select the step for which the task completion should trigger an automated message to your Slack channel.
2. Click on the 'Advanced' tab
3. Switch the webhook toggle to 'Yes'
4. Copy the Webhook URL from Zapier and paste that URL in the Target URL field. Save changes
The sample channel message in Slack when a task in Tallyfy is completes as per the above setup would like this:
Here's another example - showing you how to push form fields from Tallyfy to Google Sheets - via Zapier, using step-level webhooks. While this example uses Zapier - you can also use Microsoft Flow (now Power Automate) or similar tools, to achieve the same thing.
If you're looking to do more advanced integrations, which includes pulling information to/from Tallyfy - please use our API:
If you would like help with integrations and setting up advanced features, please contact Tallyfy Support to learn more about additional services, or visit this link: