TRIGGER > EMAIL-TO-LAUNCH > How can I launch a process via email or reply to tasks via email?
Tallyfy is able to launch a process via an incoming email. It's simple - you just send an email to a pre-configured email address, and the process launches!
This is the format of the email address - please note it ends with tallyfy.email not tallyfy.com and [BLUEPRINTID] is the unique ID of your blueprint:
You can find the BLUEPRINTID in the URL while editing your blueprint, like this:
Please note these potential failure points and comments:
- If the orgID does not exist - we reply to your email with a failure message.
- If the blueprintID does not exist - we reply to your email with a failure message.
- If the FROM address on the email does not match the email address of a member in the org - we reply to your email with a failure message. This is a security precaution to prevent non-members launching processes.
- If the blueprint contains required kick-off form fields - and therefore, it's impossible to launch a process automatically - we reply to your email with a failure message.
- The subject line on your email becomes the process name
Replying to a task - adding comments via email
If you'd like to reply to a task via email, the format of the "FROM" address on emails will be this. Note that TASKID is the unique ID of the task. We will auto-discover other information from the sender of the email, to see if they're authorized to make a comment on that task within that organization.