TRIGGER > EMAIL-TO-LAUNCH > How can I launch a process via email?
Tallyfy is able to launch a process via an incoming email. It's simple - you just send an email to a pre-configured email address, and the process launches!
This is the format of the email address:
This is a simple example of such an email address with the orgID and blueprintID plugged in:
You can find the orgID (on any URL in Tallyfy) and the blueprintID in the URL while editing your blueprint, like this:
Please note these potential failure points and comments:
- If the orgID does not exist - we reply to your email with a failure message.
- If the blueprintID does not exist - we reply to your email with a failure message.
- If the FROM address on the email does not match the email address of a member in the org - we reply to your email with a failure message. This is a security precaution to prevent non-members launching processes.
- If the blueprint contains required kick-off form fields - and therefore, it's impossible to launch a process automatically - we reply to your email with a failure message.
- The subject line on your email becomes the process name