TOOLS > How do approve or reject rules work?
Tallyfy offers 3 types of rules.
- Task completion rules
- Form field response rules
- Approve/Reject rules
This article walks you through an example of using an approve/reject rule.
Approve/Reject rules work great in procedures like:
- Leave request procedure
- Expense claim approval request
- Discount approval procedure
Let's look at approve/request rules in a vacation request procedure.
1. In your template editor, select the step you wish to set as an approval check step
2. From the dropdown list for Step Type, select 'Approve/Reject'
3. Save changes to your step
4. Now, let's set up rules or the logic to show/hide steps if the leave is approved
5. Similarly, add rules to the step/task that you wish to show when the leave is rejected
6. When you launch a process for this template, the corresponding step will prompt the assignees for an approval/rejection
7. Once the tasks are approved/rejected, the rules kick-in and the corresponding tasks show up