FILE > Where are files stored on Tallyfy?
When you upload a file to a step, task, form, or comment, it will be stored in Tallyfy. It is located at the task where the file(s) were uploaded. All PDFs, documents, images, screenshots, and audio and video files uploaded to a step, task, or comment count towards the file storage limit. Tallyfy stores all files in a highly secure Amazon S3 bucket.
The amount of space available for per member varies by plan:
|Docs plan||5GB total for the entire organization|
|Basic plan||5GB per member|
|Pro plan||25GB per member|
- URL links shared via apps like Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive do not count towards the file storage limit.
- If your organization reaches the limit, we'll let you know!
- For more space, you can delete your files or upgrade your plan.
- The ability to BYO storage is coming soon**
- For IT, compliance, and security-related information on storage please see: https://tallyfy.com/legal/compliance-security/
- There are various export features available on various plans. Contact us to learn more.
Our recommendation with files - use links to your existing file sharing
Since Tallyfy is not a dedicated file-storage and file-syncing tool, we suggest using your existing filesystem on the cloud to handle file sharing, permissions, etc. (such as Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Sharepoint, Sharefile, etc.)
Simply add the URLs/links to Tallyfy steps, tasks, forms, or comments. This way you simply link to files on your existing file-sharing service, rather than actually storing those files on Tallyfy.