USERS > How do I assign tasks in a process to a guest?
Guest users are meant to be your transient clients, customers, or workers assigned to the occasional task in a process. You can't add a guest email to a blueprint, but only to active tasks and processes. Otherwise, that is a team member, and they need to have a user account!
Learn more about guests here.
Assigning a Process Task to a Guest
- Assign a guest to a specific step within a blueprint by going to the Assign tab.
a guest or client should be designated for that step:
When you launch the blueprint, a guest email will be requested for that step. Add it by clicking on the
Edit icon as you launch the process:
Read this article on the Power Assign function and quickly assign each task to a guest:
- Alternatively, assign each task to a guest email after you have launched the process:
- Your guest will receive an email like this:
- Clicking on the email task will lead your guests to their tasks, where they can complete it. Remember, they will only be able to see the tasks assigned to them. Your internal business processes are kept safe and separate!
- Once your guest completes their task, it will change to Completed in your Tallyfy interface:
- Once a task is assigned to a guest, you can also copy the link. This allows you to view the link and perfect the task, or to share it with your guest if their email disappears: lost in a jam-packed inbox, relegated to the junk folder, accidentally deleted... We've all been there!
- You can find all the tasks assigned to guests in the task view:
- Guest Multitask View: Guests can also view their tasks in one view.
- *In PRO plans, this guest view will be displayed with your logo as a part of the Custom Branding feature.