How do I assign tasks in a process to a guest?
The 'guest' user is designed for transient clients/customers/workers that are assigned to occasional tasks in a specific process.
(Guest emails therefore can not be added in a blueprint, like specific members can. If you find that the user is always assigned to the task, they would need to be invited as a member.
You can certanliy indicate that a guest will need to be assigned to a specific step in a blueprint:
You will then see that a guest email should be assigned later in the REVIEW AND EDIT PROCESS BEFORE LAUNCHING view just before you launch the process OR after you have launched a process:
Click REVIEW AND EDIT PROCESS BEFORE LAUNCHING and use Power Assign and quickly assign each task to a guest:
Or, assign each task to a guest email after you have launched the process:
You can assign guests from the Start Process or by editing a task later:
Please ensure you click Enter, the Space bar or the comma button after completing the guest email address to list it, the guest email will turn blue once it is listed.
Only one guest email can be assigned to each task. You can assign multiple tasks to one guest email quickly using the 'Power Assign' feature.
The ' guest' user is designed for transient clients/customers/workers that are assigned to occasional tasks in a specific process.
You can assign a one-off task or a task in a repeatable process to your client (guest email) after a process has started.
(Guests therefore can not be added in a template (like specific coworkers can). If you find that the user is always assigned to the task, they would need to be invited as a coworker.)
Here is an example of assigning a task in a repeatable process to your client (guest).
1) Create the step in a template (or a one-off task)
2) Start a process using that template, assign the task to the guest email (your client) and click START PROCESS
Coworkers on paid plans can PowerAssign a guest email to many steps in a process -
What is 'Power Assign'?
3) Guest will receive an email for the task that was assigned to them:
4) Guest will click on the task in that email and see the task with any form fields you created in the step/task:
5) Guest will complete the task:
6) You will then see the guest task completed when you log in to Tallyfy:
7) You can continue with your internal tasks using the information entered from the guest task.
8) You can find tasks assigned to guests from the task view:
- Show multiple tasks assigned to a guest is one view
- Ability to add your logo to guest emails and guest view (PRO plan only)
Please report a help ticket to Tallyfy Support with your question, issue or feature request. We would love to hear from you.