CRM > How does Tallyfy integrate into CRM systems such as SFDC - Salesforce, Dynamics, ERP's like Netsuite etc.?
This article explains integration points and use-cases for complimenting your CRM with Tallyfy.
CRM stands for Customer Relationship Management - and these are generally systems that maintain a list of contacts/tasks that sales people do during the sales lifecycle. Examples of CRM's are SFDC (Salesforce), Pipedrive, Hubspot, Zoho CRM, FreshSales, Nimble, PipelineDeals, Close, etc.
Most CRM's e.g. SFDC are very expensive - and can cost up to $300 per user, per month - so having Tallyfy fill in gaps so you don't need to purchase a CRM user is very cost-effective. These are the business use cases that may work with CRM's:
- When you get a new lead in your CRM - launch a Tallyfy process to qualify/enrich lead information.
- When a lead changes state in your CRM - launch a Tallyfy process to begin the detailed portion of that stage. This works especially well if the people who need to actually do this are not users of the CRM.
- When you have won a sale in your CRM (you move the stage/state to "sold") - launch a client onboarding process on Tallyfy. Beyond the actual sale - client onboarding is often where a hand-off occurs to operations or customer success and is a very critical part of customer first impressions. What's more awesome is that you can actually invite clients into Tallyfy to do tasks or fill out forms. No client likes being bombarded by emails and calls during onboarding!
- If you use the helpdesk tools in a CRM e.g. the support/helpdesk offering of SFDC - you can also run SOP's for your technical/customer support staff on Tallyfy. This onboards a new support member really well - and ensures consistent responses to complex, decision-driven cases.
All the above integrations can be done easily via middleware systems. You can also do light UI integrations via Lightning, etc. - an example is shown below:
Below are two specific types of integrations into CRM's which can be natively built - using Salesforce (SFDC) as an example:
- Launch a Tallyfy process FROM a link/button in your CRM and ALSO pass through CRM data into Tallyfy.
- Send data FROM Tallyfy into specific fields in your CRM using webhooks via middleware (like Zapier for example). Microsoft Power Automate, Mulesoft, or numerous other platforms would probably work just fine too.
Launch a Tallyfy process from inside your CRM and pass through data
If you want to launch a process from your CRM (without leaving it) - as well as pass through CRM data into Tallyfy (e.g. first name, last name, email), that's easily achieved using a zero-click process launch URL. Please follow the steps in the video below.
Send data from Tallyfy to specific fields in your CRM
While a process is running - Tallyfy lets you collect information via form fields - and this also applies to approval decisions e.g. "Approved? Yes/No". If you want to push this data back into your CRM - you can do so by emitting a webhook, catching it via your favorite middleware (e.g. Zapier), and then executing the update on your CRM.