What is a guest?
Guests are people outside your company (you get unlimited, free guests)
Members are employees inside your company (paid users)
What can guests do?
The guest user is a free user. It is designed for transient clients/customers/partners outside your organization that are assigned by email to occasional tasks in a specific process or a one-off task. Someone with your company email address cannot be a guest.
You can assign a one-off task or a process task to your client (guest email) after a process has launched.
Consider onboarding a new employee. There are various forms and tasks that need to be completed by the incoming employee and your HR team needs to track and manage this process efficiently and complete the onboarding as per the expected timeline.
In the above blueprint:
- You will be able to welcome the new employee with a video and information about what to expect in the onboarding process
- You can request employee's bio through rich forms. Employees can fill these forms and complete tasks through a multitask single-view webpage (shareable guest link)
Benefits of unlimited free guests
- Guest do not have to log in and they securely just see the task or form assigned to them, allowing you to keep internal organizational information and tasks private and confidential
- On the highest plans, guests get a branded experience
- Guests can track all their tasks in a single view
Limitations of guests
- Guests cannot be added in a blueprint (like specific members can)
- Guest cannot reopen tasks
- Guests cannot make or see comments
- Guests cannot edit/assign a task
- Guests cannot view blueprints
- Guests cannot view processes
- Guest cannot launch processes
- Guest cannot view other's tasks
- Only one guest email can be assigned to each task.
- Guests cannot be people that are from your company domain name. For example - if your work email is firstname.lastname@example.org - then email@example.com (or similar) cannot be a guest